16 de out. de 2011

fulfilling dreams

all I want is this average height man with his ordinary brown eyes and his peculiar humor. all I want is his voice to rise up next to mine, through life and, as I believe, death as well. all I want is to be able to bound to something as different, as rich, as he and his principles are. all I want is to be near enough, always, that I'd be constantly stunned by my own pride of him. all I want is to be allowed to be next to him, each day of the next seventy years or so, and to hold hands to him through dark times, hunger and grief. all I want is to die before he dies, or to watch him die and be entitled to chose to leave as well if I intend to do so. or to step forward on giving my heart, a lung, a hand, if he ever happens to need one of those. all I want is to hold his children by the hand, and call them mine too. to see freckles on kids that carry his spirit, his own flesh and blood. all I want is to kiss him when he's upset, to sit next to him when he's cold and to get him to improve his flaws. all I want is not to be flawless when standing at his side, but to hear his voice calling me back at reason. all I want is to be capable to collect this little from life, and to call it, gratefully, my all.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário